Thursday, March 5, 2009

Healthy...

Today US101 held their annual St. Jude Radiothon...Now anyone who knows me well knows that I am not a crier--I can sit through funerals and not cry (not because I'm not sad, but I just don't tear up easily). However, the St. Jude stories get me every year! And I was in the car traveling with work all day long, and I kept trying to change the channel, but I just couldn't. So...basically, I was teary all day. I never really paid much attention to St. Jude until I became a mother. Thankfully, Daniel and I have been blessed with a healthy baby. But if Owen ever needed the kind of help that St. Jude offers to families whose little ones have cancer, I certainly would rest easier knowing that there is a place like that there to help. From what I understand, St. Jude provides treatment for children free of charge, and even provides a place for families to stay while their children are being treated. Today I took Owen to donate some money, and even though he is too little to really understand, I explained to him that it's important to help others when we can. We didn't donate much because right now, we don't have much, but I challenge anyone who has children (healthy or not) to give if you can.

*Oh, and the photos below don't really have anything to do with St. Jude, but they are proof that Owen is surely healthy. :)


No comments: